Michael Bidwill has been nothing but impressed with Bruce Arians
And in that time he's done nothing but impress team president Michael Bidwill.
"That experience counts," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf when asked what stands out most. "He is unbelievably passionate."
Bidwill was joining the show as part of "Newsmakers Week", and from the sound of it, has zero regrets about the man he chose to replace Ken Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals have gone 18-30 over the last three seasons, and Bidwill said the losing has been the most painful part of the team's recent history.
"It's incredibly frustrating," he said. "We had high expectations. We made a lot of changes. We invested in a lot of effort and trades and things along those lines, and to see that not pay off was really frustrating."
Bidwill said he knows the team's fans were frustrated too, but that his goal is to make sure the team gets back on track. That, to him, means being "a good football team," adding the coaching change doesn't do anything to change the expectations he has of his team going forward.
Provided the team can get past its biggest challenge, which Bidwill said is finding someone to lead the offense.
"In terms of quarterbacking and how's that going to come together," he said. "And then re-establishing this offense as one of the best in the league."
Bidwill believes Arians and his staff will be able to do that, noting that while the NFC West is one of the tougher divisions in football, "that's not going to stop us."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.