Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Michael Bidwill has been nothing but impressed with Bruce Arians
And in that time he's done nothing but impress team president Michael Bidwill.
"That experience counts," Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf when asked what stands out most. "He is unbelievably passionate."
Bidwill was joining the show as part of "Newsmakers Week", and from the sound of it, has zero regrets about the man he chose to replace Ken Whisenhunt.
The Cardinals have gone 18-30 over the last three seasons, and Bidwill said the losing has been the most painful part of the team's recent history.
"It's incredibly frustrating," he said. "We had high expectations. We made a lot of changes. We invested in a lot of effort and trades and things along those lines, and to see that not pay off was really frustrating."
Bidwill said he knows the team's fans were frustrated too, but that his goal is to make sure the team gets back on track. That, to him, means being "a good football team," adding the coaching change doesn't do anything to change the expectations he has of his team going forward.
Provided the team can get past its biggest challenge, which Bidwill said is finding someone to lead the offense.
"In terms of quarterbacking and how's that going to come together," he said. "And then re-establishing this offense as one of the best in the league."
Bidwill believes Arians and his staff will be able to do that, noting that while the NFC West is one of the tougher divisions in football, "that's not going to stop us."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.