Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?