Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.