Updated Feb 10, 2013 - 11:46 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals could have interest in Drew Stanton
New Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians may have a familiar face joining him in the desert.
According to nationalfootballpost.com, Indianapolis Colts backup quarterback Drew Stanton could be headed to Arizona.
Arians was impressed with how Stanton performed in preseason and practiced all season with the Colts, and he needs a quarterback.
Stanton should garner interest by teams as a backup this offseason but his familiarity with Arians and offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin could make the Cardinals a frontrunner.
The 28-year-old signal caller could also compete for the starting job in Arizona, which could make the Cardinals an attractive option.
Previously, Stanton spent four season backing up Matthew Stafford in Detroit.
For his career, Stanton has thrown five touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has started four games and has posted a 2-2 record.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?