Updated Feb 8, 2013 - 11:50 am
Analyst: Luke Joeckel would fit well with Arizona Cardinals
Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel would be a good fit with the Arizona Cardinals.
Regarded as the top left tackle in the 2013 draft class, Joeckel certainly looks the part. At 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds he has the size, and he's a very good athlete who was very productive in blocking for 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.
Needless to say, many teams could use a player like Joeckel, and a few of them are set to pick before Arizona is on the clock.
However, should he still be around at the seventh spot, Brooks believes the Cardinals would be wise to draft him.
The Cardinals started a pair of rookie offensive tackles (Nate Potter and Bobby Massie) in 2012, but neither player can rival the talent or athleticism of Joeckel. With Bruce Arians committed to pushing the ball down the field with a vertical passing attack, the presence of a standout left tackle could help the Cardinals' offense regain the explosiveness that has been missing in recent years.
The presence of Potter and Massie, as well as the return of Levi Brown from injury, may lead new coach Bruce Arians and his staff a different direction when they pick, even if Joeckel is still on the board.
But it may never even get to that point, as Brooks notes Joeckel would be a good fit for the Kansas City Chiefs, who pick first, and Philadelphia Eagles, who select fourth.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.