Updated Feb 8, 2013 - 11:50 am
Analyst: Luke Joeckel would fit well with Arizona Cardinals
Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel would be a good fit with the Arizona Cardinals.
Regarded as the top left tackle in the 2013 draft class, Joeckel certainly looks the part. At 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds he has the size, and he's a very good athlete who was very productive in blocking for 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.
Needless to say, many teams could use a player like Joeckel, and a few of them are set to pick before Arizona is on the clock.
However, should he still be around at the seventh spot, Brooks believes the Cardinals would be wise to draft him.
The Cardinals started a pair of rookie offensive tackles (Nate Potter and Bobby Massie) in 2012, but neither player can rival the talent or athleticism of Joeckel. With Bruce Arians committed to pushing the ball down the field with a vertical passing attack, the presence of a standout left tackle could help the Cardinals' offense regain the explosiveness that has been missing in recent years.
The presence of Potter and Massie, as well as the return of Levi Brown from injury, may lead new coach Bruce Arians and his staff a different direction when they pick, even if Joeckel is still on the board.
But it may never even get to that point, as Brooks notes Joeckel would be a good fit for the Kansas City Chiefs, who pick first, and Philadelphia Eagles, who select fourth.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!