Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 3:14 pm
'Door number two' still an option as Cardinals coach Arians looks for a QB
"Nothing has changed on my comments on quarterbacks since the last time we talked," he said. "We are presently evaluating, now that we have the staff together, everyone that's on the Cardinals team. Practice squad and everybody that played last year, guys that are on IR and we're all pleasantly pleased at what we're seeing."
Arians can't blame the media or the fans for wanting an answer to the question of the revolving quarterback. Last year the team used four different QBs in the span of 16 regular season games.
"The quarterback situation will take some time. I like what we've got and what we have will be better," Arians added. "If there's a better option behind door number two, Steve (Keim) and Jason (Licht) will search it out for us and will look at that option also and see if that's better for the Cardinals."
Arians also said that some of the offensive woes last season were due to injuries, and he's partially right. Both Kevin Kolb and John Skelton missed significant time, and that could have contributed to the dead last offensive ranking.
"There's nowhere to go but up," Arians said. "I guarantee you we won't be there this year and I think injuries played a big part of that."
Arizona averaged just 263 yards of total offense per game, including 75 yards on the ground and 188 in the air. The team scored an average of 15.6 points per game.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!