Updated Feb 6, 2013 - 3:14 pm
'Door number two' still an option as Cardinals coach Arians looks for a QB
"Nothing has changed on my comments on quarterbacks since the last time we talked," he said. "We are presently evaluating, now that we have the staff together, everyone that's on the Cardinals team. Practice squad and everybody that played last year, guys that are on IR and we're all pleasantly pleased at what we're seeing."
Arians can't blame the media or the fans for wanting an answer to the question of the revolving quarterback. Last year the team used four different QBs in the span of 16 regular season games.
"The quarterback situation will take some time. I like what we've got and what we have will be better," Arians added. "If there's a better option behind door number two, Steve (Keim) and Jason (Licht) will search it out for us and will look at that option also and see if that's better for the Cardinals."
Arians also said that some of the offensive woes last season were due to injuries, and he's partially right. Both Kevin Kolb and John Skelton missed significant time, and that could have contributed to the dead last offensive ranking.
"There's nowhere to go but up," Arians said. "I guarantee you we won't be there this year and I think injuries played a big part of that."
Arizona averaged just 263 yards of total offense per game, including 75 yards on the ground and 188 in the air. The team scored an average of 15.6 points per game.
Kyndra de St. Aubin, Reporter - Arizona Sports 98.7
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.