Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 6:03 pm
Former Cardinal Warner feels good about team's new coaches
So, it should come as no surprise that he was disappointed to see the team part ways with the only coach to lead the franchise to the Super Bowl.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Warner said "even great coaches get fired", and understands why the team made the move: instability at the quarterback situation.
So, while Warner feels like Whisenhunt will be back as a head coach real soon, he believes the Cardinals did well with the man they found to replace him.
"All I know of Coach Arians, coming into this thing, was having played against him and what he brought to the table and how he had worked with other young quarterbacks," Warner said of the head coach. He then turned his attention to assistant head coach/offense Tom Moore. "I know Tom a little bit more than I do Coach Arians."
Warner said Moore's track record is well-known, and the fact that both Arians and Moore have had success with young quarterbacks bodes well for the Cardinals.
"I had a chance to talk to Coach Arians a little bit down in New Orleans and get a sense of his excitement for this job and what he brings to the table," he added.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' K Jay Feely earns NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- Arizona Cardinals' Floyd: Must have confidence vs. Seattle
- The Pulse: Antoine Cason the star of Cardinals' win over Titans
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 16
- Cardinals' GM Keim: Arians 'turns up the heat' on the offensive line
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi!