Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 6:03 pm
Former Cardinal Warner feels good about team's new coaches
So, it should come as no surprise that he was disappointed to see the team part ways with the only coach to lead the franchise to the Super Bowl.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Warner said "even great coaches get fired", and understands why the team made the move: instability at the quarterback situation.
So, while Warner feels like Whisenhunt will be back as a head coach real soon, he believes the Cardinals did well with the man they found to replace him.
"All I know of Coach Arians, coming into this thing, was having played against him and what he brought to the table and how he had worked with other young quarterbacks," Warner said of the head coach. He then turned his attention to assistant head coach/offense Tom Moore. "I know Tom a little bit more than I do Coach Arians."
Warner said Moore's track record is well-known, and the fact that both Arians and Moore have had success with young quarterbacks bodes well for the Cardinals.
"I had a chance to talk to Coach Arians a little bit down in New Orleans and get a sense of his excitement for this job and what he brings to the table," he added.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Arizona Cardinals' Bobby Massie eager to earn back starting job at right tackle
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.