Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 6:03 pm
Former Cardinal Warner feels good about team's new coaches
So, it should come as no surprise that he was disappointed to see the team part ways with the only coach to lead the franchise to the Super Bowl.
A guest of Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday, Warner said "even great coaches get fired", and understands why the team made the move: instability at the quarterback situation.
So, while Warner feels like Whisenhunt will be back as a head coach real soon, he believes the Cardinals did well with the man they found to replace him.
"All I know of Coach Arians, coming into this thing, was having played against him and what he brought to the table and how he had worked with other young quarterbacks," Warner said of the head coach. He then turned his attention to assistant head coach/offense Tom Moore. "I know Tom a little bit more than I do Coach Arians."
Warner said Moore's track record is well-known, and the fact that both Arians and Moore have had success with young quarterbacks bodes well for the Cardinals.
"I had a chance to talk to Coach Arians a little bit down in New Orleans and get a sense of his excitement for this job and what he brings to the table," he added.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?