Updated Feb 4, 2013 - 1:10 pm
Arizona Cardinals mocked in Alec Baldwin's monologue at 'NFL Honors'
They have a new coach, a new general manager and the No. 7 pick in April's NFL Draft. Still it seems they can't completely erase the 2012 campaign.
At the beginning of the league's annual awards show on CBS, host Alec Baldwin didn't shy away from taking a crack at Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and the Redbirds.
"Larry Fitzgerald didn't show up tonight," Baldwin said. "So now he has way more in common with the rest of the Arizona Cardinals offense."
Arizona finished dead last in the league in total offense this season, averaging only 263.1 yards per game.
Here is Baldwin's monologue in it's entirety, with the Cardinals joke coming at the 7:44 mark:
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?