Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 3:36 pm
Patrick Peterson mentors former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu
The LSU Tiger defensive back registered 76 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and intercepted two passes. But he also showed a nose for the end zone -- scoring four touchdowns on punt returns and fumble returns for the BCS runner up. He won the Bednarik Award as the nation's best defensive player and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy.
In 2012, Mathieu made headlines off the football field. LSU head coach Les Miles suspended the junior-to-be for a violation of team rules. Rumors floated that Mathieu would transfer to another school to continue his collegiate football career, but he did not. Mathieu was arrested for possession of marijuana last October.
Mathieu opted to make himself eligible for the NFL Draft, and is in Arizona training for the event with a former college teammate -- two-time Cardinals Pro Bowler Patrick Peterson.
Yahoo! Sports chronicled the work Peterson is doing with Mathieu for a video called "Outside the Game."
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up