Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 6:57 am
Report: Bruce Arians to hire Amos Jones to be Cardinals special teams coach
This weekend, Arians reportedly added to that staff by hiring former colleague Amos Jones as the team's new special teams coordinator.
Jones, previously worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was hired by Mike Tomlin in 2007 to be the assistant special teams coach. Over the past two seasons, Jones assumed all special teams duties for the team.
Arians and Jones worked together in Pittsburgh from 2007-11, but first met as members of Bear Bryant's staff at Alabama in 1981-82.
Before being hired in 2007 by the Steelers, Jones worked extensively in college football as an assistant at Alabama, Cincinnati, James Madison, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Temple.
The Cardinals former special teams coach, Kevin Spencer, left the organization earlier this month to assume the same role with the San Diego Chargers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.