Updated Jan 28, 2013 - 6:57 am
Report: Bruce Arians to hire Amos Jones to be Cardinals special teams coach
This weekend, Arians reportedly added to that staff by hiring former colleague Amos Jones as the team's new special teams coordinator.
Jones, previously worked for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was hired by Mike Tomlin in 2007 to be the assistant special teams coach. Over the past two seasons, Jones assumed all special teams duties for the team.
Arians and Jones worked together in Pittsburgh from 2007-11, but first met as members of Bear Bryant's staff at Alabama in 1981-82.
Before being hired in 2007 by the Steelers, Jones worked extensively in college football as an assistant at Alabama, Cincinnati, James Madison, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh and Temple.
The Cardinals former special teams coach, Kevin Spencer, left the organization earlier this month to assume the same role with the San Diego Chargers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.