Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 3:54 pm
ESPN analyst Jaworski praises Cardinals' new coaching staff
Bruce Arians replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the team's head coach, a move ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski has touted.
Jaworski, who played with the Chiefs in 1989 while Arians was the team's running backs coach, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo it was a tremendous hire by the Cardinals and he was hoping Arians would get the job.
"I think clearly he's going to bring some innovative ideas to the Cardinals," Jaworski said. "But even above and beyond that, Bruce is really a good guy, he's an organized guy, he understands the discipline it takes to be successful, he's been with great organizations so he knows how great organizations get it done, so Bruce brings a lot to the plate."
Beside Arians came two familiar names looking bolster the coaching staff with their expertise.
Tom Moore, 74, will serve as assistant head coach/offense. He brings 34 years of experience as a coach in the NFL, with 12 of them as offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts during the Peyton Manning era.
"How can you not love Tom Moore," Jaworski said. "That acquisition, you talk about a guy who understands the quarterback position as well as anyone. With Tom, it's not going to be a complex sophisticated offense; it's going to be a very efficient offense."
Jaworski believes Moore's offensive scheme will help solve the Cardinals' quarterback woes from the past season.
"Quarterbacks play well for Tom Moore," he said. "If I'm a QB in Arizona right now, I am thrilled that Tom Moore is on board."
The club's hire of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles also received praise from Jaworski.
"Todd is tough, that defense will be tough, it's something he preaches," he said. "He'll come in and do a fantastic job with that defense.
"I really think this is going to be a terrific staff, he's got nothing but quality coaches with outstanding experience and these guys all know how to coach."
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.