Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 3:54 pm
ESPN analyst Jaworski praises Cardinals' new coaching staff
Bruce Arians replaced Ken Whisenhunt as the team's head coach, a move ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski has touted.
Jaworski, who played with the Chiefs in 1989 while Arians was the team's running backs coach, told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo it was a tremendous hire by the Cardinals and he was hoping Arians would get the job.
"I think clearly he's going to bring some innovative ideas to the Cardinals," Jaworski said. "But even above and beyond that, Bruce is really a good guy, he's an organized guy, he understands the discipline it takes to be successful, he's been with great organizations so he knows how great organizations get it done, so Bruce brings a lot to the plate."
Beside Arians came two familiar names looking bolster the coaching staff with their expertise.
Tom Moore, 74, will serve as assistant head coach/offense. He brings 34 years of experience as a coach in the NFL, with 12 of them as offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts during the Peyton Manning era.
"How can you not love Tom Moore," Jaworski said. "That acquisition, you talk about a guy who understands the quarterback position as well as anyone. With Tom, it's not going to be a complex sophisticated offense; it's going to be a very efficient offense."
Jaworski believes Moore's offensive scheme will help solve the Cardinals' quarterback woes from the past season.
"Quarterbacks play well for Tom Moore," he said. "If I'm a QB in Arizona right now, I am thrilled that Tom Moore is on board."
The club's hire of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles also received praise from Jaworski.
"Todd is tough, that defense will be tough, it's something he preaches," he said. "He'll come in and do a fantastic job with that defense.
"I really think this is going to be a terrific staff, he's got nothing but quality coaches with outstanding experience and these guys all know how to coach."
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.