Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 2:41 pm
Report: Cardinals add James Bettcher to coaching staff
Bettcher worked closely with new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who was the offensive coordinator and interim head coach in Indianapolis last season.
Prior to his 2012 season with the Colts, Bettcher was the linebackers coach for NCAA D-I FCS New Hampshire Wildcats. In 2011, he served as the defensive ends coach for the Ball State Cardinals. From 2007 to 2009, the North Carolina Tar Heels had Bettcher on staff as a defensive graduate assistant, following a year at the same position for Bowling Green in 2006.
Bettcher's playing career consisted of four years with NCAA D-I FCS St. Francis as a defensive end. He was hired as a special teams coordinator with the Red Flash following his four years as an athlete.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.