Updated Jan 24, 2013 - 4:42 pm
ESPN insider: Bruce Arians, Tom Moore will get most out of Cardinals QBs
However, one place there seems to be a consensus is with the hire of Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense.
Moore, 74, comes to the team with a wealth of experience and credibility, and according to ESPN NFL insider John Clayton, the Cardinals did good to land him.
"Love it, absolutely love it," Clayton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "Tom's one of the great guys in sports."
Moore has been coaching since 1961, having spent time at both the collegiate and pro level. He most recently spent time as an offensive consultant with the Tennessee Titans and New York Jets, and before that was with the Indianapolis Colts.
Clayton believes he'll be very helpful to an Arizona offense that struggled mightily last season.
"What's nice about Tom Moore, he knows how to simplify the game for a quarterback," Clayton said. "Just to come in as a consultant, I think it works out fine."
Moore -- and Bruce Arians, who is the head coach -- will have to get the most out of a team with an uncertain situation at quarterback. Whether the Cardinals go with Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley, Brian Hoyer, a draft pick or a free agent, improved play is a must.
Clayton thinks the team has the right people in place for the job.
"This is not going to be in the Todd Haley, we're going to be yelling every three or four seconds," Clayton said. "He's going to be supportive, they're going to be smart.
"And I think no matter who the quarterback is, they'll get the most out of him."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b