Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 5:43 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals 'ought to be put in jail' for hire of Tom Moore
A former personnel man in the league who is now an analyst for NFL.com, he is respected when it comes to his thoughts on the league.
So his thoughts on what the Cardinals have done lately -- specifically the hire of Bruce Arians as head coach and then Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense -- should make one take notice.
"Well they ought to be put in jail for stealing, to get Tom Moore," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "Tom Moore is one of the all-time great people and one of the really all-time great coaches, as far as I'm concerned."
Moore, 74, brings a wealth of experience with him to the desert, including time as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis when the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.
"I think that's a great hire," Brandt added, before turning his attention to Arians, who is tasked with turning around a team that went 5-11 last season and had the second-worst scoring offense in the NFL and the worst in terms of yardage.
"I thought Arians did a great job this year," Brandt said of his time as interim head coach and offensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Arians got the job when head coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team due to leukemia, and compiled a 9-3 record while he was at the helm. "They scored 40 less points than their opponents and won 11 games. They had a big deficit in turnovers, they won 11 games. They had a big deficit in sack differential and won games.
"So he must have done something right."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.