Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 5:43 pm
NFL analyst: Cardinals 'ought to be put in jail' for hire of Tom Moore
A former personnel man in the league who is now an analyst for NFL.com, he is respected when it comes to his thoughts on the league.
So his thoughts on what the Cardinals have done lately -- specifically the hire of Bruce Arians as head coach and then Tom Moore as assistant head coach/offense -- should make one take notice.
"Well they ought to be put in jail for stealing, to get Tom Moore," Brandt told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "Tom Moore is one of the all-time great people and one of the really all-time great coaches, as far as I'm concerned."
Moore, 74, brings a wealth of experience with him to the desert, including time as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis when the Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006.
"I think that's a great hire," Brandt added, before turning his attention to Arians, who is tasked with turning around a team that went 5-11 last season and had the second-worst scoring offense in the NFL and the worst in terms of yardage.
"I thought Arians did a great job this year," Brandt said of his time as interim head coach and offensive coordinator in Indianapolis. Arians got the job when head coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team due to leukemia, and compiled a 9-3 record while he was at the helm. "They scored 40 less points than their opponents and won 11 games. They had a big deficit in turnovers, they won 11 games. They had a big deficit in sack differential and won games.
"So he must have done something right."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves