Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 4:27 pm
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will play for NFC in the Pro Bowl
While fans in the Valley had to watch NFC West rival San Francisco celebrate a conference championship and a berth in Super Bowl XLVII, the result means Daryl Washington will be headed to Hawaii.
The Cardinals linebacker was voted as an NFC alternate back in December, but because starters NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are headed to New Orleans to represent the conference on February 3, Washington will get a chance to showcase his talents in Honolulu alongside teammate Patrick Peterson.
In 2012, Washington led Arizona in sacks (9) and total tackles (134). It's quite a coup for the former second-round pick out of TCU, after all he just completed his third season in the NFL.
Not a bad way to end it.
The Pro Bowl Game will take place on January 29 and can be seen on NBC at 5 p.m. MST.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b