Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 4:27 pm
Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington will play for NFC in the Pro Bowl
While fans in the Valley had to watch NFC West rival San Francisco celebrate a conference championship and a berth in Super Bowl XLVII, the result means Daryl Washington will be headed to Hawaii.
The Cardinals linebacker was voted as an NFC alternate back in December, but because starters NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis are headed to New Orleans to represent the conference on February 3, Washington will get a chance to showcase his talents in Honolulu alongside teammate Patrick Peterson.
In 2012, Washington led Arizona in sacks (9) and total tackles (134). It's quite a coup for the former second-round pick out of TCU, after all he just completed his third season in the NFL.
Not a bad way to end it.
The Pro Bowl Game will take place on January 29 and can be seen on NBC at 5 p.m. MST.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.