Updated Jan 18, 2013 - 1:59 pm
Arizona's next DC? Todd Bowles released from Eagles contract
The Arizona Cardinals, who hired Bruce Arians as head coach seemingly at the expense of defensive coordinator Ray Horton, will need to replace the architect of their defense.
The name linked to Arizona has been that of Todd Bowles, who finished last season as the defensive coordinator in Philadelphia.
He's now available to the Cardinals, according to USA Today NFL writer Mike Garafolo.
It's official: Todd Bowles has been released from his contract by the Eagles. Next stop, Arizona.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 18, 2013
Bowles, 49, has spent time with the Dolphins, Cowboys, Browns and Jets as an assistant, but got his first taste of being a coordinator last season when he replaced Juan Castillo during the 2012 season.
The Eagles defense did not improve under Bowles, however, ultimately finishing 15th in total defense while giving up nearly 28 points per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.