Arizona's next DC? Todd Bowles released from Eagles contract
The Arizona Cardinals, who hired Bruce Arians as head coach seemingly at the expense of defensive coordinator Ray Horton, will need to replace the architect of their defense.
The name linked to Arizona has been that of Todd Bowles, who finished last season as the defensive coordinator in Philadelphia.
He's now available to the Cardinals, according to USA Today NFL writer Mike Garafolo.
It's official: Todd Bowles has been released from his contract by the Eagles. Next stop, Arizona.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 18, 2013
Bowles, 49, has spent time with the Dolphins, Cowboys, Browns and Jets as an assistant, but got his first taste of being a coordinator last season when he replaced Juan Castillo during the 2012 season.
The Eagles defense did not improve under Bowles, however, ultimately finishing 15th in total defense while giving up nearly 28 points per game.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br