Ray Horton released from contract by Arizona Cardinals
With the announcement of Bruce Arians becoming the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals it was expected Ray Horton would not be retained as defensive coordinator.
The expectation became a reality on Friday for Horton, who had one year left on his contract.
Ray Horton has officially been released from his contract. He was told that Bruce Arians wanted Todd Bowles.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 18, 2013
Horton may now explore other opportunities. Thursday when the Arians news broke it was speculated he would end up in Cleveland.
Arians' introductory press conference is slated for Friday afternoon and he is expected to hire Todd Bowles as his defensive coordinator.
Horton was with the team for two seasons.
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.