Ray Horton released from contract by Arizona Cardinals
With the announcement of Bruce Arians becoming the head coach of the Arizona Cardinals it was expected Ray Horton would not be retained as defensive coordinator.
The expectation became a reality on Friday for Horton, who had one year left on his contract.
Ray Horton has officially been released from his contract. He was told that Bruce Arians wanted Todd Bowles.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 18, 2013
Horton may now explore other opportunities. Thursday when the Arians news broke it was speculated he would end up in Cleveland.
Arians' introductory press conference is slated for Friday afternoon and he is expected to hire Todd Bowles as his defensive coordinator.
Horton was with the team for two seasons.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?