Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Report: Ray Horton is out as Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator
Although Horton previously worked for six seasons (2004-2010) in Pittsburgh with Bruce Arians, the new Cardinals head coach will reportedly not be retaining him on his staff.
I'm told Ray Horton is out as Cardinals defensive coordinator and will be replaced by Todd Bowles. Source who knows. Bad vibes all around.— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) January 18, 2013
On Wednesday, ArizonaSports.com had heard that would be the case, but has not yet confirmed Silver's report.
Bowles, who will reportedly be replacing Horton, played eight seasons (1986-1993) in the NFL as a safety for the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers.
He has served as an NFL assistant with six different franchises since 1995, and most recently was the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
Bowles worked with Arians when the two were together with the Cleveland Browns from 2001-2003.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!