Report: Ray Horton is out as Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator
Although Horton previously worked for six seasons (2004-2010) in Pittsburgh with Bruce Arians, the new Cardinals head coach will reportedly not be retaining him on his staff.
I'm told Ray Horton is out as Cardinals defensive coordinator and will be replaced by Todd Bowles. Source who knows. Bad vibes all around.— Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) January 18, 2013
On Wednesday, ArizonaSports.com had heard that would be the case, but has not yet confirmed Silver's report.
Bowles, who will reportedly be replacing Horton, played eight seasons (1986-1993) in the NFL as a safety for the Washington Redskins and San Francisco 49ers.
He has served as an NFL assistant with six different franchises since 1995, and most recently was the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2012.
Bowles worked with Arians when the two were together with the Cleveland Browns from 2001-2003.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.