Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 9:56 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals, Bruce Arians had dinner Wednesday night
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Arians and the Cardinals had dinner and then continued talks about the coaching vacancy Thursday.
Colts OC Bruce Arians is having dinner in Arizona tonight with Cardinals officials and will continue interviewing with them Thursday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 17, 2013
NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport was the first to report Wednesday that Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who was a finalist for the Chicago Bears opening that has since been filled by Marc Trestman, would visit with Arizona on Thursday.
Arians was the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator this past season, though he was the team's head coach for 12 games while Chuck Pagano was battling leukemia. The Colts went 9-3 under Arians.
Before this season, though, Arians was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now 60, he helped the team reach two Super Bowls -- winning one -- and was a favorite of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Arians will follow Ray Horton, Jay Gruden, Todd Haley and Darrell Bevell as candidates who have interviewed with the team in the Valley.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.