Report: Arizona Cardinals, Bruce Arians had dinner Wednesday night
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted Arians and the Cardinals had dinner and then continued talks about the coaching vacancy Thursday.
Colts OC Bruce Arians is having dinner in Arizona tonight with Cardinals officials and will continue interviewing with them Thursday.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 17, 2013
NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport was the first to report Wednesday that Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who was a finalist for the Chicago Bears opening that has since been filled by Marc Trestman, would visit with Arizona on Thursday.
Arians was the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator this past season, though he was the team's head coach for 12 games while Chuck Pagano was battling leukemia. The Colts went 9-3 under Arians.
Before this season, though, Arians was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Now 60, he helped the team reach two Super Bowls -- winning one -- and was a favorite of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Arians will follow Ray Horton, Jay Gruden, Todd Haley and Darrell Bevell as candidates who have interviewed with the team in the Valley.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.