Report: Cardinals request permission to speak with Bruce Arians
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport reported the team has requested permission to speak with Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
Arians, 60, spent just one season with the Colts, but prior to that he was the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Arians' initial season with the Colts was rather eventful, as not only did he tutor rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, but he was the team's interim head coach for 12 games while head coach Chuck Pagano recovered from leukemia. He guided the team to a 9-3 mark while in charge, and the Colts ultimately reached the playoffs.
Unfortunately for Arians, though, he missed the playoff game due to being hospitalized with a virus.
Rapaport has also reported the Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, and the team has already spoken with Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves