Report: Cardinals set to interview Seahawks coordinator Darrell Bevell
According to NFL.com insider Ian Rapoport, the team has interest in Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.
Bevell would be just the latest in a growing list of offensive-minded coaches the Cardinals are looking at to replace the fired Ken Whisenhunt.
#Cardinals are set to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 15, 2013
Bevell, 42, has been Seattle's offensive coordinator for the last two seasons. Prior to heading northwest he held the same position with the Minnesota Vikings.
The Seahawks have been an excellent running team in Bevell's two seasons, and this past year made it to the second round of the playoffs with rookie quarterback Russell Wilson under center.
Bevell, who is a 1988 graduate of Chaparral High School in the Valley, has already interviewed with the Chicago Bears, and may be chatting with the Jacksonville Jaguars as well.
Thus far the Cardinals have spoken with the aforementioned McCoy, as well as Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, as well as current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton.
A look at how the Cardinals' coaching search has unfolded can be viewed in this timeline.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.