Report: New Cardinals GM Keim lowest-paid in NFL
Keim, who had been Arizona's vice president of player personnel, is highly-regarded in NFL circles and viewed as a quality hire for Cardinals president Michael Bidwill.
And if a ProFootballTalk report is to be believed, Bidwill landed Keim on the cheap.
Rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim will be making roughly $750,000 as the Cardinals' new G.M., which would make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.
As far as reporting goes, ProFootballTalk is right about as often as it's wrong. The idea that Keim is being paid less than any other GM would fit with the idea that Bidwill is conducting his searches -- for GM and possibly coach -- with an eye on the bottom one, which is an assertion that has little backing to go off.
And, as was reported Wednesday, ProFootballTalk appears to be wrong on this one.
League source: Reports that #Cardinals Steve Keim is NFL's lowest paid GM are incorrect, as is his reported salary (750K). Makes > than $1M.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) January 16, 2013
So there you go. Nothing to see here.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.