Report: New Cardinals GM Keim lowest-paid in NFL
Keim, who had been Arizona's vice president of player personnel, is highly-regarded in NFL circles and viewed as a quality hire for Cardinals president Michael Bidwill.
And if a ProFootballTalk report is to be believed, Bidwill landed Keim on the cheap.
Rumors are making the rounds that Steve Keim will be making roughly $750,000 as the Cardinals' new G.M., which would make him the lowest-paid General Manager in the league.
As far as reporting goes, ProFootballTalk is right about as often as it's wrong. The idea that Keim is being paid less than any other GM would fit with the idea that Bidwill is conducting his searches -- for GM and possibly coach -- with an eye on the bottom one, which is an assertion that has little backing to go off.
And, as was reported Wednesday, ProFootballTalk appears to be wrong on this one.
League source: Reports that #Cardinals Steve Keim is NFL's lowest paid GM are incorrect, as is his reported salary (750K). Makes > than $1M.— Craig Morgan (@cmorgancbsfoxaz) January 16, 2013
So there you go. Nothing to see here.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Brock Huard, ESPN Seattle analyst - Friday December 20Huard joins Burns & Gambo to talk about this Sundays Cardinals and Seahwaks game.
- Kurt Warner, former Cardinals QB - Friday December 20Kurt Warner talks about the improving Carson Palmer and the Cards' chances of making the playoffs.
- Wolf's 5 Star Games - Friday December 20Wolf gives his top 5 NFL games for this weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 20Wolf gives factors in the Cardinals upcoming game in Seattle.
- Michael Bidwell, President AZ Cardinals - Friday December 20The AZ Cardinals President discusses the upcoming game in Seattle.