Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 8:13 am
Report: Broncos OC McCoy to become Chargers head coach
Reports on Monday indicated that the Arizona Cardinals wanted to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for a second time.
Not so fast.
It appears the Cardinals will not get a second chance to talk with McCoy.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Tuesday the San Diego Chargers, who spoke with McCoy for the first time the previous day, are about to finalize a deal with the coach.
Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @cbssports— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 15, 2013
McCoy was the only known interview for the Cardinals this week.
As the Cardinals' coaching search enters week three, the team has talked with McCoy, defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and unofficially, Todd Haley, whom the Pittsburgh Steelers said the Cardinals were interviewing.
Gruden, Haley and Horton are all still on the market for a head coaching job.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.