Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 8:13 am
Report: Broncos OC McCoy to become Chargers head coach
Reports on Monday indicated that the Arizona Cardinals wanted to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for a second time.
Not so fast.
It appears the Cardinals will not get a second chance to talk with McCoy.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Tuesday the San Diego Chargers, who spoke with McCoy for the first time the previous day, are about to finalize a deal with the coach.
Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @cbssports— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 15, 2013
McCoy was the only known interview for the Cardinals this week.
As the Cardinals' coaching search enters week three, the team has talked with McCoy, defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and unofficially, Todd Haley, whom the Pittsburgh Steelers said the Cardinals were interviewing.
Gruden, Haley and Horton are all still on the market for a head coaching job.
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.