Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 8:13 am
Report: Broncos OC McCoy to become Chargers head coach
Reports on Monday indicated that the Arizona Cardinals wanted to interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for a second time.
Not so fast.
It appears the Cardinals will not get a second chance to talk with McCoy.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Tuesday the San Diego Chargers, who spoke with McCoy for the first time the previous day, are about to finalize a deal with the coach.
Chargers are nearing a deal to make Mike McCoy their head coach. Looks like it will be finalized today. More ahead @cbssports— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 15, 2013
McCoy was the only known interview for the Cardinals this week.
As the Cardinals' coaching search enters week three, the team has talked with McCoy, defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and unofficially, Todd Haley, whom the Pittsburgh Steelers said the Cardinals were interviewing.
Gruden, Haley and Horton are all still on the market for a head coaching job.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.