Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 10:21 am
Report: Cardinals want Mike McCoy in for second interview
McCoy, who is arguably the hottest name on the market with regards to becoming some team's next head coach, has already interviewed with the Cardinals, Bears and Eagles, and is scheduled to meet with the Charges Monday.
According to FOX NFL insider Jay Glazer, the Cards want to chat with him again Tuesday.
Chargers interviewing Broncos' Mike McCoy today and Cards now want to bring McCoy back in for 2nd interview tomorrow— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) January 14, 2013
Last week ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said McCoy was the "leader in the clubhouse" for the Arizona job, and the fact that they want him for a second interview would lend credibility to that claim.
However, with other teams at least interested in the coach -- most of which have better quarterbacks than the Cardinals have to offer -- their chances of landing him remain very much up in the air.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.