Updated Jan 14, 2013 - 10:21 am
Report: Cardinals want Mike McCoy in for second interview
McCoy, who is arguably the hottest name on the market with regards to becoming some team's next head coach, has already interviewed with the Cardinals, Bears and Eagles, and is scheduled to meet with the Charges Monday.
According to FOX NFL insider Jay Glazer, the Cards want to chat with him again Tuesday.
Chargers interviewing Broncos' Mike McCoy today and Cards now want to bring McCoy back in for 2nd interview tomorrow— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) January 14, 2013
Last week ESPN NFL insider John Clayton said McCoy was the "leader in the clubhouse" for the Arizona job, and the fact that they want him for a second interview would lend credibility to that claim.
However, with other teams at least interested in the coach -- most of which have better quarterbacks than the Cardinals have to offer -- their chances of landing him remain very much up in the air.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?