Updated Jan 11, 2013 - 9:02 am
Aeneas Williams named 2013 Hall of Fame finalist
Williams, 44, was a third round pick by the Phoenix Cardinals in 1991 out of Southern University and made his mark immediately, starting 15 games and intercepting six passes in his rookie season.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Williams went on to play ten seasons with the Cardinals, and went to six Pro Bowls during that decade. He is second on the Cardinals all-time list with 46 interceptions, and his six interception returns for touchdowns is a team record.
He was inducted to the Cardinals' Ring of Honor in 2008.
After his time in the desert, Williams ended his career in St. Louis and helped the Rams win an NFC Championship in his first season there. They'd go on to lose to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Williams ranks tied for 19th on the all-time NFL list with 55 interceptions. He was one of ten finalists for induction into the Hall of Fame last season.
This year's list of finalists also includes first-year nominees Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan.
Former Arizona State standout Curley Culp, who played with the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Oilers during a 14-year career, was selected as a finalist by the Hall of Fame Seniors Committee.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.