Updated Jan 11, 2013 - 9:02 am
Aeneas Williams named 2013 Hall of Fame finalist
Williams, 44, was a third round pick by the Phoenix Cardinals in 1991 out of Southern University and made his mark immediately, starting 15 games and intercepting six passes in his rookie season.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Williams went on to play ten seasons with the Cardinals, and went to six Pro Bowls during that decade. He is second on the Cardinals all-time list with 46 interceptions, and his six interception returns for touchdowns is a team record.
He was inducted to the Cardinals' Ring of Honor in 2008.
After his time in the desert, Williams ended his career in St. Louis and helped the Rams win an NFC Championship in his first season there. They'd go on to lose to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Williams ranks tied for 19th on the all-time NFL list with 55 interceptions. He was one of ten finalists for induction into the Hall of Fame last season.
This year's list of finalists also includes first-year nominees Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan.
Former Arizona State standout Curley Culp, who played with the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Oilers during a 14-year career, was selected as a finalist by the Hall of Fame Seniors Committee.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.