Updated Jan 11, 2013 - 9:02 am
Aeneas Williams named 2013 Hall of Fame finalist
Williams, 44, was a third round pick by the Phoenix Cardinals in 1991 out of Southern University and made his mark immediately, starting 15 games and intercepting six passes in his rookie season.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Williams went on to play ten seasons with the Cardinals, and went to six Pro Bowls during that decade. He is second on the Cardinals all-time list with 46 interceptions, and his six interception returns for touchdowns is a team record.
He was inducted to the Cardinals' Ring of Honor in 2008.
After his time in the desert, Williams ended his career in St. Louis and helped the Rams win an NFC Championship in his first season there. They'd go on to lose to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Williams ranks tied for 19th on the all-time NFL list with 55 interceptions. He was one of ten finalists for induction into the Hall of Fame last season.
This year's list of finalists also includes first-year nominees Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan.
Former Arizona State standout Curley Culp, who played with the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Oilers during a 14-year career, was selected as a finalist by the Hall of Fame Seniors Committee.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.