Updated Jan 11, 2013 - 9:02 am
Aeneas Williams named 2013 Hall of Fame finalist
Williams, 44, was a third round pick by the Phoenix Cardinals in 1991 out of Southern University and made his mark immediately, starting 15 games and intercepting six passes in his rookie season.
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Williams went on to play ten seasons with the Cardinals, and went to six Pro Bowls during that decade. He is second on the Cardinals all-time list with 46 interceptions, and his six interception returns for touchdowns is a team record.
He was inducted to the Cardinals' Ring of Honor in 2008.
After his time in the desert, Williams ended his career in St. Louis and helped the Rams win an NFC Championship in his first season there. They'd go on to lose to the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVI.
Williams ranks tied for 19th on the all-time NFL list with 55 interceptions. He was one of ten finalists for induction into the Hall of Fame last season.
This year's list of finalists also includes first-year nominees Jonathan Ogden, Warren Sapp and Michael Strahan.
Former Arizona State standout Curley Culp, who played with the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Oilers during a 14-year career, was selected as a finalist by the Hall of Fame Seniors Committee.
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor: Transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.