Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 1:18 pm
Conflicting reports on Todd Haley's future
Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Arizona Cardinals had requested to interview Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head coaching job, but Haley was happy with his job, and didn't want to go anywhere else.
Hours later, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted this:
Rapoport also tweeted a quote from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.
From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
And then had a short commentary on Bouchette's report.
So, which is it? There has been no comment from any Cardinals personnel.
Arizona has been seeking a head coach since December 31, when they fired Ken Whisenhunt following a 5-11 season.
Haley served as the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.
Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has interviewed for the job, as has Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is scheduled to be interviewed later this week.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.