Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 1:18 pm
Conflicting reports on Todd Haley's future
Wednesday morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported that the Arizona Cardinals had requested to interview Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley for their head coaching job, but Haley was happy with his job, and didn't want to go anywhere else.
Hours later, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweeted this:
Rapoport also tweeted a quote from Haley's agent, Jerome Stanley.
From Jerome Stanley, Todd Haley's agent: "The report is wrong. I stand by my statement. Period. You can report that!" Saying no interview— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
And then had a short commentary on Bouchette's report.
So, which is it? There has been no comment from any Cardinals personnel.
Arizona has been seeking a head coach since December 31, when they fired Ken Whisenhunt following a 5-11 season.
Haley served as the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008.
Defensive coordinator Ray Horton has interviewed for the job, as has Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden is scheduled to be interviewed later this week.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!