Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 10:51 am
Report: Todd Haley happy with Steelers, no interview coming with Cardinals
One of those men was Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before leaving for the top job in Kansas City, has been with the Steelers for one season and always appeared to have an affinity for the Arizona organization.
But according to a report by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, he's not all too interested in being the team's head coach.
#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
Well so much for that idea, then?
Haley was always an interesting option for Arizona, as he is recognized as being a good coach whose style tends to wear on players over time. He led the Chiefs to the postseason in his second season at the helm, but was relieved of his duties 13 games into the following year.
If Haley is indeed out of the mix, that leaves the Cardinals looking at current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
There could be other candidates, but those are the ones confirmed to have either interviewed with the team or scheduled to interview with the team.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett