Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 10:51 am
Report: Todd Haley happy with Steelers, no interview coming with Cardinals
One of those men was Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before leaving for the top job in Kansas City, has been with the Steelers for one season and always appeared to have an affinity for the Arizona organization.
But according to a report by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, he's not all too interested in being the team's head coach.
#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
Well so much for that idea, then?
Haley was always an interesting option for Arizona, as he is recognized as being a good coach whose style tends to wear on players over time. He led the Chiefs to the postseason in his second season at the helm, but was relieved of his duties 13 games into the following year.
If Haley is indeed out of the mix, that leaves the Cardinals looking at current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
There could be other candidates, but those are the ones confirmed to have either interviewed with the team or scheduled to interview with the team.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?