Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 10:51 am
Report: Todd Haley happy with Steelers, no interview coming with Cardinals
One of those men was Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before leaving for the top job in Kansas City, has been with the Steelers for one season and always appeared to have an affinity for the Arizona organization.
But according to a report by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, he's not all too interested in being the team's head coach.
#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
Well so much for that idea, then?
Haley was always an interesting option for Arizona, as he is recognized as being a good coach whose style tends to wear on players over time. He led the Chiefs to the postseason in his second season at the helm, but was relieved of his duties 13 games into the following year.
If Haley is indeed out of the mix, that leaves the Cardinals looking at current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
There could be other candidates, but those are the ones confirmed to have either interviewed with the team or scheduled to interview with the team.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.