Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 10:51 am
Report: Todd Haley happy with Steelers, no interview coming with Cardinals
One of those men was Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before leaving for the top job in Kansas City, has been with the Steelers for one season and always appeared to have an affinity for the Arizona organization.
But according to a report by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, he's not all too interested in being the team's head coach.
#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
Well so much for that idea, then?
Haley was always an interesting option for Arizona, as he is recognized as being a good coach whose style tends to wear on players over time. He led the Chiefs to the postseason in his second season at the helm, but was relieved of his duties 13 games into the following year.
If Haley is indeed out of the mix, that leaves the Cardinals looking at current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
There could be other candidates, but those are the ones confirmed to have either interviewed with the team or scheduled to interview with the team.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.