Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 10:51 am
Report: Todd Haley happy with Steelers, no interview coming with Cardinals
One of those men was Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley, who was the Cardinals' offensive coordinator in 2007 and 2008 before leaving for the top job in Kansas City, has been with the Steelers for one season and always appeared to have an affinity for the Arizona organization.
But according to a report by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, he's not all too interested in being the team's head coach.
#Cardinals requested interview with Todd Haley. Source close to Haley: "He loves Steelers job. He's very happy. No interview with Cards."— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 9, 2013
Well so much for that idea, then?
Haley was always an interesting option for Arizona, as he is recognized as being a good coach whose style tends to wear on players over time. He led the Chiefs to the postseason in his second season at the helm, but was relieved of his duties 13 games into the following year.
If Haley is indeed out of the mix, that leaves the Cardinals looking at current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden.
There could be other candidates, but those are the ones confirmed to have either interviewed with the team or scheduled to interview with the team.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.