Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 8:51 am
Cardinals set to interview Jay Gruden Thursday
The Cardinals will interview Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden Thursday for their open job, according to reports.
Gruden just completed his second season in Cincinnati -- both of which ended in playoff appearances for the Bengals. Cincinnati's offense ranked 22nd in the league in total yards in 2012 and 12th in scoring. In 2011, the Bengals offense ranked 20th in yardage and 18th in scoring.
Gruden does have head coaching experience, although not in the NFL. The 45-year-old posted an 82-54 record in nine seasons (over two stints) as the head coach of the Orlando Predators in the Arena Football League, winning league championships in 1998 and 2000.
He also served as the head coach and general manager of the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League in 2010, guiding the team to a 5-3 record and a league runner-up finish.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.