Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 11:43 am
Report: Cardinals negotiating with Keim for GM spot
Rod Graves, who had been with the organization since 1997, was fired the same day as former head coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Last week, the team met with Morocco Brown, the director of player personnel for the Washington Redskins about the post, but other than that, the rumor mill has been pretty stagnant.
Tuesday morning, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported that the Cardinals appear to be zeroing in on an in-house candidate.
Arizona VP of player personnel Steve Keim has entered into negotiations to become the Cardinals' next GM. Also a finalist in Jacksonville.— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 8, 2013
Keim, Arizona's vice president of player personnel, has been with the organization since 1999 and, as Breer mentions, is a candidate for other general manager openings around the league. In fact, Breer reported Monday that Keim, along with Atlanta Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell were the favorites for Jacksonville's GM job.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!