Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Report: Todd Haley views Cardinals as 'great opportunity'
Haley was the offensive coordinator in Arizona for the 2007 and 2008 seasons before leaving to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, and he made some sense as a candidate.
However, early Friday a report circulated that Haley had not yet agreed to speak with the Cardinals, perhaps in part because of his affinity for working for the Steelers.
According to Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi, it looks like you can disregard that report.
Per NFL source: "don't believe" ESPN report on Todd Haley.I'm told he views AZ Cardinals head coaching spot as a "great opportunity.."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 4, 2013
The Cardinals are currently scheduled to chat with Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy Saturday, and as of yet nothing is known to be on the docket with Haley.
That may change shortly.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.