Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Report: Todd Haley views Cardinals as 'great opportunity'
Haley was the offensive coordinator in Arizona for the 2007 and 2008 seasons before leaving to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, and he made some sense as a candidate.
However, early Friday a report circulated that Haley had not yet agreed to speak with the Cardinals, perhaps in part because of his affinity for working for the Steelers.
According to Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi, it looks like you can disregard that report.
Per NFL source: "don't believe" ESPN report on Todd Haley.I'm told he views AZ Cardinals head coaching spot as a "great opportunity.."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 4, 2013
The Cardinals are currently scheduled to chat with Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy Saturday, and as of yet nothing is known to be on the docket with Haley.
That may change shortly.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?