Updated Jan 4, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Report: Todd Haley views Cardinals as 'great opportunity'
Haley was the offensive coordinator in Arizona for the 2007 and 2008 seasons before leaving to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, and he made some sense as a candidate.
However, early Friday a report circulated that Haley had not yet agreed to speak with the Cardinals, perhaps in part because of his affinity for working for the Steelers.
According to Arizona Sports 620's Paul Calvisi, it looks like you can disregard that report.
Per NFL source: "don't believe" ESPN report on Todd Haley.I'm told he views AZ Cardinals head coaching spot as a "great opportunity.."— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 4, 2013
The Cardinals are currently scheduled to chat with Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy Saturday, and as of yet nothing is known to be on the docket with Haley.
That may change shortly.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.