NFL analyst: Todd Haley deserves a second chance
Haley, who held the same title in Arizona from 2007-2008 before leaving to be the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, is a candidate for the Arizona vacancy.
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworksi, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, thinks Haley would be a good choice, even after struggling with the Chiefs.
"Clearly, I think coaches, as head coaches the first time, they learn an awful lot," Jaworski said. "You can be overwhelmed by it, and I personally believe guys are much better the second time around.
"They know the pitfalls of being the guy in charge."
"Todd Haley is a very good football coach," Jaworski said, noting that he did struggle in Kansas City. "I will guarantee you this: he will be better prepared to take his next job."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.