Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 11:10 am
Report: Andy Reid to Kansas City Chiefs 'imminent'
According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the former Eagles coach is set to become the boss in Kansas City.
A deal between the Chiefs and Andy Reid is not imminent following latest meetings. expect sweeping changes and announcement likely today...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
La Canfora meant to say it was "now imminent", which he tweeted out shortly after.
Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
It's a somewhat stunning turn of events if only for the fact that as of Tuesday it was being reported that Reid was all but certain to be taking the Arizona job. However, the most high-profile coach on the market reportedly had a good interview with the Chiefs Wednesday, and decided to cancel scheduled visits to Arizona and San Diego.
Though Reid may (or may not) have been their top choice, the Cardinals can now turn their attention to current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, who they have interviewed twice already, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who they are scheduled to chat with this weekend, and Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who the Cardinals have asked for permission to talk to.
No matter where they go, Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting the Cardinals will not be conducting interviews Thursday.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?